Friday 30 April 2010

Pithy Reviews of the Comics I Read Last Night

I just emailed these to Mart, but I thought I'd post them here as well, slightly embellished:

Brightest Day #0. This performed the miraculous feat of setting up storylines for lots and lots of characters but leaving me with absolutely no interest whatsoever in following any of those storylines, despite previously having had some interest in Aquaman and the Flash and one or two of the other characters featured herein. Well done Geoff Johns. I was mildly intrigued by the new Green Arrow series advertised at the back though. Don't ask me why.













Rasl
#7. This was a bit 'talky', but once the explanations were out of the way, it ended quite well. I shall persist with this series, although I had to get this latest issue in St. Albans (on a day trip prior to being on a panel about Dan Dare at the University of Hertfordshire) as my local comic shop didn't have it. So maybe I shan't persist. Love that cover though. Well done Jeff Smith.













Unwritten #12. This was quite amusing, a twisted take on Winnie the Pooh. Bit of a bobbins ending though. Must try harder Mike Carey. See me after.

No comments:

Post a Comment